- State/ Region: Tamil Nadu
- Job location- City: Chennai
- Educational Qualifications: BSc, Btech, Graduate, MCA, Post Graduate, Under Graduate
- Salary Range: Negotiable
- Work Experience Required: Experienced
- Total number of openings for the Hiring: 1
- The Job Opening is being Published by: Company
- Company or Consultancy Name: Kasturi and Sons The Hindu
- How to apply for this Opening?: Via the below mentioned contact details
- Contact Details for Applying to This Job: [email protected]
- Listed: 2016-06-24 5:56 PM
- Expires: This ad has expired
Kasturi and Sons The Hindu looking for a full-time Technical Team Lead, based in Chennai, to help plan and build their next generation platform and Android app for English language learning and skill certification.
We currently deploy-on-cloud via a Moodle-based architecture that we intend to augment with AI-assisted speech-to-text components. You probably have an unusual background for a “techie”, with visibility across multiple stacks (LAMPP, Microsoft, Adobe, Java/Android, AWS, etc.) and the mentoring ability to help transform coders working for you into future project managers and architects.
You should be comfortable working in small teams and doing a bit of everything, from Google Analytics to writing Facebook API AJAX calls or helping choose video codecs.You’ll be expected to manage the nuts and bolts of the overall development and QA process, e.g. bug tracking, SVN / GitHub, automated backups, test harnesses,performance / scalability, while also pushing the product roadmap forward and arguing the pros and cons of potential new features.
Role & Job Responsibilities
• With the CTO, define the platform architecture, product roadmap, and software
component selection and administration (including consoles and notifications)
• Provide technical and design guidance on UI/UX and app implementation
Project Management & Coding
• Supervise our team of software developers through product milestones,
including Android app and hardware deployments
• Peer-review code with the team and suggest alternative implementations when
developers get stuck
• Plan and supervise testing and content loading on an aggressive schedule
A Chennai English-language digital education startup with a mission to boost the communication and thinking skills of graduates of the future.
664 total views, 1 today